Campus Job Opening Form – Student Employment
Date: March 1, 2013 Hiring Manager: Alison MacKenzie
Job Title: Peer Tutor for HTML and Flash Department: Academic Support Center
Approximate hours per week: varies Approximate pay rate: $9.16/ hr
End date for receiving applications: Open until filled
AIS students who are hired as Peer Tutors at AIS have the following three options:
- Peer Tutor Drop-In sessions scheduled in SC Room 634
- Tutoring by Appointment: students will contact the tutor by email or phone to schedule tutoring sessions in SC Room 634
- A combination of 1 and 2 above
Basic Job Requirements and Specific Job Requirements:
All tutors must have met at least one the following conditions in order to be considered for employment as a writing tutor:
- Recommendation as a Tutor by an AIS faculty member who currently teaches relevant classes.
- Overall current 3.0 GPA at AIS
- Minimum 2nd quarter AIS Student
- Must complete application and interview process
Department Contact Information
Candidates for the Writing Peer Tutors must first read and follow the information listed on the Academic Support Center Web site at:
- www.aisacademics.com, click on Academic Support Center, then on “Tutoring” then on “Becoming An AIS Peer Tutor”
- Students are welcome to send an email to: email@example.com to request an application.
- Candidates are welcome to contact Alison to discuss the job, but must follow the process listed on the web site.
Contact Name: Alison MacKenzie
Email Address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Phone (ext): 206.239.2413