Sausage Making Intern (Maple Leaf neighborhood)
Looking for part-time kitchen help with a food-loving, reliable, and self-motivated individual. Join our small team and help create Seattle's best fresh sausage. We are a small artisan USDA facility currently producing fresh sausage and bacon each week. We work only with meat sourced from local farmers, and consider our work to be "fine cooking that ends up as a sausage link" rather than simply "sausage making".
You must be able to lift 25# bins of meat.
have a valid driver's license and clean driving record,
posses strong knife skills.
Awareness of food safety and kitchen sanitation issues is a must.
We're currently looking for someone available Monday & Tuesday (9am-12pm). Possibly Thursday mornings too.
Pay: $9.50/hr to start
Typical daily tasks include:
- meat cutting
- hand mixing of spices and meat
- measuring and preparing spices as per our recipes
- spinning sausage links
- food packaging
- dish washing
1) Send your resume to email@example.com
2) Along with a resume, please briefly answer the following:
- Do you have any active connections to our local farm community? Share some details please.
- What software skills: Excel, InDesign, PhotoShop. (Very helpful to know, but not required)
- What's the most memorable meal you've eaten in your life?
- What's the last book you read?
Thanks for your interest!